5 Steps to Improve Your Digital Marketing Efforts
Share this entry
Maybe its time for a digital marketing review.
These 5 steps can help you move forward to improve your digital marketing efforts.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our monthly newsletter
Step 1 – Review Your Current Digital Marketing Strategy every 3 months
Make sure you review your digital marketing strategy, implementation and metrics every three months to determine your results, uncover trends and adjust accordingly to what is working and not working within your strategy. This review should include your website, social media, blogging, landing pages and email content.
Your review should also include your customers. Take the time to gather feedback from key customers to understand the effectiveness your digital marketing efforts.
Step 2 – Understand the current roles within your digital marketing team
Whether we are a small startup or part of a large digital marketing team within a corporation, its important to understand the key players needed to make sure all phases of your digital marketing efforts are met.
Typically a digital marketing team consist of five roles
- Storyteller – Content creator able to capture the audience attention through compelling content. Helps define the content topics and subject matter.
- Content Researcher – Researches the Internet for relevant content comparable to the industry or related subject matter to compare, analyze and link. Very important when researching key influencers within an industry.
- Analytics Manager – Takes the time to gather data, analyze and present results, key trends and insights. Gives direction to the team through metrics driven feedback.
- Social Media Manager – Responsible for the organization and distribution of content across multiple channels to reach key market segments. Develops the social media plan/editorial calendar.
- Customer Engagement Liaison – Follows all social media, email and related customer feedback to provide quick response and engagement to provide a positive customer experience.
This understanding of roles will help dictate the needs and responsibility within the digital marketing team. If you are one person, this will help you understand what efforts within each role are needed and how to prioritize your time within each role.
Step 3 – Develop Your Content Creation Strategy
Create content topics to solve your target audience problems. Focus around your Customer Journey. Also, be straight to the point so the target audience knows you understand their problem and how your solution solves it. But remember to sell it through a story and not just through educational lingo. Use unique titles to draw interest, keep your content short and simple, use visuals to tell your story. Your goal is to create a viral opportunity with your content subject matter.
Step 4 – Enhance Your Content with Videos, Images and Links
Content viewership increases over 85% with video, images and graphical elements. Learn how to incorporate these media elements within your content in a simple process to maximize your content creation time. Many think video is expensive to incorporate but simple video techniques with your smart phone and video software can turn any beginner video into a storytelling opportunity.
Step 5 – Adopt a Continuous Improvement Mindset
Like any marketing strategy and plan, it is a living document that must constantly be updated. New customer or industry trends and insights can continue to keep your digital marketing up to date with your target audience. It is important to key your content fresh within your digital marketing strategy. This helps keep you audience engaged. The more you make it a habit to search and integrate new ways to improve your marketing efforts, the more likely you are see more positive results.
Want to learn more about marketing tips and ideas to grow your organization?